Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thinking

Reading a recent story about a young lady that left Islam shook me. Her descriptive words of shuddering when she walked past a mosque reminded me a little of myself. I cannot compare totally as I'm sure my experiences would pale in comparison but the heart of it rings true. Religion destroys. It filled me with all of the wrong Ideas of God and his presence and destroyed the child-like understanding that I was so longing for all my life. Bitter is the term you are thinking now well maybe some of you and what some of you don't realize is that your not me. There is no possible way for you to comprehend what has happened on the inside of me. Your judgement's are empty. To those that feel what I feel, you are the heroes that I look up to and the small minority in a scattered evangelical wasteland with their litmus tests for authority and biblical orthodoxy that everything but push people away from the loving arms of God and of course I'm being judgmental now but I can admit it. I also can admit that many of the things I believed years ago I no longer do. It's not enough to believe something written in a book "because the bible tells me so". If that is your stance in my opinion you are a weak person that would rather take what someone else tells you than find out for yourself. Seeking the truth is not reading the bible. Seeking the truth is seeking the truth. The methods are varied as is the creator. How can we possibly look at this beautiful world and assume all the answers are in one place? How narrow minded are we? Seek the person, THE truth and trash modern methods they will only put you back into what trapped you the first time.

No comments: